Wah..!! You are here, Welcome Welcome!!

Enjoy Reading and Have a Great Day..

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Never be the same again.

Successfully I have made it to my fourth month, free from nicotine,tobacco and other chemical content in cigarettes.
Everyone said it was impossible as my will wasn't strong. But I made it!!

As many of you know, for many years I tried to quit but it never happened. Until one day..

It was a Tuesday evening, and I somehow ended myself in PenHOP at about 6pm. There were just a few people as it was still early. As usual, I sat at the very last row alone, eyes closed, head downed. My friend Yee Vonne sat next to me afterwards.

Suddenly, this guy named Terrence came sitting next to me.
Eeerr..I don't know him, we have never spoken and he asked if he could pray for me. So, I said sure.

I can't remember details but this is what I can recall, here goes :
God sees that your heart longs after Him but alot of things are drawing you back, hindering you from coming back. Like the things you do (drinking, smoking) and places that you go to (nightclubs, pubs)..
But God is gracious. He never judge you, He loves you. He calls you His daughter and He is your Abba Father. He awaits for your return and He welcomes you back with open arms.

(Just so you know,for more than 8 years I lived a backslidden christian life)

Terrence ended with a short prayer..

And then Terrence said, you know I used to be a smoker too but by the grace of God I quit immediately.(I got a shock of my lifetime.How?..Why did he even mention about that?) And it was then, I decided to put a stop to it, because I believe it's God speaking to me..*scary*

I begin to see changes in my life ever since. I never thought I could quit for such a long time. God's work?

As day goes by I could see that He is molding me, guiding me and blessing me with His goodness.

I begin to understand the incredible greatness of His power of love for us who believe Him. He taught me how to love others (seriously this is not easy) and forgive those who hurt me. How can we not love Him and those around us? When He is so rich in kindness that He purchased our freedom through the blood of His Son and our sins are forgiven. God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so very much.

Now, slowly I am learning to trust in Him and surrender everything to Him, believing that He already has a great plan ahead for me.

And one day, I had this crazy idea to commit myself in 21+10days Nexus Internship Program. I was uncertain in the beginning but I did it at last.(seriously unbelievable)
It's all worth it and I was so blessed although I did not complete the whole entire program because I was away, in Singapore for 11 days. 

Just for your info, I was free from alcohol for 21 days. Amazing =)

I pray that I will continue to seek His face earnestly and as I pray diligently, He will perfect all my imperfections.

No comments: