Wah..!! You are here, Welcome Welcome!!

Enjoy Reading and Have a Great Day..

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Goodbye Dunhill


After 8 years, Finally, I have decided to bid my best buddy, Dunhill farewell.
I started smoking since high school and it was due to peer pressure, I guess. I do not have any better reasons other than that.

Back then it was only RM5 and RM2.70 for a small pack. Yes, very affordable. Unlike now, 1 packet cost more than a meal. I remember I used to search for coins all over my house when I was broke just to get the smallest packet. Just imagine, Cigarettes over Food. Tsk..Tsk..was crazily addicted to it.

At the age of 14,
Got caught many times by my mom. Gave her many lame excuses and reasons. Told her I was quitting every single time she caught me.
One year after that, I thought of quitting. Ever since, I kept telling myself last stick/last packet/last carton. Pfft..Said it for so many many years. But it was just talk only no action. I gave up quitting because it never happened.

Years after years, I smoked.
Dunhill was my best friend and my best companion.
It gave me so much of satisfaction especially after a meal and also when I had difficulties in the toilet. 
Dunhill was always there with me, inseparable!
When I was at my lowest,
When I was depressed or stressed out with studies or work,
When I was bored and alone, I would light one after another like a chimney,
When I was driving,
When I was having my jolly and happy moment.
It has been faithful to me, never fails me other than my health. Really had been through thick and thin with me.

So how is it possible for me to quit? Well, my longest record was 1 day. What an achievement, I know. I did cut down gradually but could not live completely without it although I really wanted to. It was never easy for me to give it all up because everyone around me smokes.

Now I believe it is a matter of will power only. My will was not strong then but I am stronger now. I will not give in to temptations and I am going to kill this addiction!

Today is the day,
I watched my very last stick of Dunhill burned and took my very last puff, I exhaled very slowly and then reluctantly I flicked Dunhill Goodbye..
-THE END-

3 comments:

Angeline said...

Haha..your best friend ar?? summore got memories..just quit la..!! you got my support!

jacq said...

Haha..yea thanks!!~

Anonymous said...

Jacq,

how is your fight going? I am trying to quit myself and stumbled across your blog. Hope your fight went well!

Jess